Happy Thanksgiving all you wonderful crocheters and crafters out there! In an effort to get my heart in the spirit of today’s holiday I’ve decided to try to list 25 things for which I’m thankful. The list could go on forever, but I've got a bird to roast and I suspect you do too. These are not in any particular order, but spontaneous - which is the way my brain often works. Here it goes:
I’M SO THANKFUL FOR....
- Mr. Edison and his discovery of electricity which runs our heating system, especially since it is below freezing outside this very moment
- Indoor plumbing and hot running water
- Good health and the blessing that my body works well, especially my hands
- My own computer and the ability to do what I need to do without asking one of my teens for help continually
- My daughter being home from college to celebrate the holiday with the family
- The laughter coming from the girls room as all the kids gather there late at night to just hand out because they love being together
- My wonderful husband who has a servant’s heart - I can hear him emptying the dishwasher right now...
- The Lord’s provision to be able to send two of our five children to college this year
- Having favor with a few publishers this year so that some of my crochet design work can be published
- The amazing opportunity to work on a book and the grace which I have been shown in the process by my publisher and text editor
- A year free of hospital stays for my mom who lives with us
- Encouraging words from crocheters through my website and Facebook - these words mean so much more than I can express!
- The special surprise gift of being able to travel abroad this year with my family
- Being able to travel safely home to the best country on Earth
- The freedom we have in the United States
- Grace Church of Clarksburg - again, words are just not adequate!
- Being able to home school my children and learn alongside them in many subjects over the years
- For 4 vehicles that continue to run faithfully and God’s provision for being able to purchase the fuel that keeps them going
- For God’s provision for my sister’s condo this year and her generous heart towards so many people, including us
- For Grandma Barker’s good health, God’s protection over her and her endless generosity towards us
- For Hannah’s gift of relating to children and a recent note from a mom (following a first time baby-sitting) telling us how her 4 year old wanted mommy and daddy to go out again so that Hannah could come over and play!
- For the special friends in my life that love me in spite of my failings
- God’s relentless grace, provision and sovereign leading in my life
- For 25 years of marriage to my best friend, Craig
- The knowledge that my greatest problem in this life, namely sin and separation from God, has been taken care of - not because of anything I have done, but because of what Jesus did on the cross at Calvary in my place
Blessings to you and yours as we look to give thanks!